Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Better Today

This blog is usually published by 9AM local time and is sometimes updated through the day.


This morning's photo:

Yesterday was a very rainy and windy day here in NS.Temps were a few degrees above freezing and a good portion of the snow that arrived Sunday night has melted.There's still a couple of centimeters on the ground and lots of slush along the roadways.This saturated snow was very heavy and hard to move.

The wind mostly died out in the evening and the precip tapered to a light drizzle.Temps were near the freezing mark and are expected to stay there today with a big increase on the way for tomorrow.That should make most of the snow disappear...here's hoping.

- Al C 2008


Conditions on Hoptoad Hill at publication time:

Temperature: 0°

Wind: v. light N

Sky: overcast

Precip: none


Conditions from Environment Canada's local weather station in Western Head at publication time (my station pics):

Temperature: 1.1°C
Pressure / Tendency: 100.1 kPa rising
Humidity: 97 %
Dewpoint: 0.6°C
Wind: N 13 km/h

The Environment Canada forecast for our area:

Today: Cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers or drizzle this morning. Fog patches dissipating this morning. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light this morning. High plus 5.

Tonight: Cloudy. Fog patches developing overnight. Low zero.

Tomorrow: Cloudy. Periods of rain beginning in the afternoon. Amount 10 to 15 mm. Fog patches dissipating in the morning. Wind becoming south 20 km/h in the morning then increasing to 40 gusting to 60 late in the day. High 7.

Yesterday's official data from Environment Canada:

Temps: high: 2.3° low: -2.1° Precip: 30.1mm (snow/rain)


Weather links:

My 2007 blog on Weather Underground

Environment Canada

Intellicast


Local links:

The Liverpool Weather Cam

In Queens County Today

My biz


Other links/info:

My Location

My Power Point Presentation of this area(2006)




Thanks for reading my blog.I appreciate and welcome your comments.


1 comment:

Guti said...

Hello, excuse me for my poor english. My name is Jose and I'm from Navarra(Spain). I read your web and I think that it is interesting (my job is the meteorology, I am a meteorologist). Visit me in http://home.tele2.es/gutimeteo or in http://gutimeteo.blogspot.com.
Bye-bye. Guti.

wx

Special weather statement in effect for: Queens County Potential storm over the Maritimes at anytime this Fall and Winter . A storm will lik...